- This event has passed.
Post COVID-19 Care
November 4, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Even after recovering from coronavirus infection, it is important to follow a healthy life routine as studies have shown that many patients tends to suffer from certain health conditions later. They may include the following conditions like
- Reduced taste and smell sensations
- Muscle and joint pain
- Shortness of breath
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Sleep abnormalities
- Throat irritations
The virus may weakens the immune system that, the body takes a lot of time even after testing negative to recover. It is important to take extra care of oneself post coronavirus for a speedy recovery and to boost the immune system.
We here at Santhigiri Holistic Health Center, offers special treatments to reduce the post covid health effects and boost your immunity thus to prevent further illness and discomforts. The treatment methods are prepared aiming to strengthen the body by improving the absorption of nutrients and metabolic activities
The treatments are designed with a combination of external therapies along with dietary recommendations and exercises advices by our Ayurveda Practitioners. We offer 7days and 14 days post Covid care programs. The program includes the following therapies which are selected according to ones health status
- Kashaya Dhara – A specialized treatment in which whole body is subjected to streams of lukewarm herbal decoction. It is effective in reducing joint pain and stiffness.
- Dhanyamla Dhara - Dhanyamla, a special self-fermented, warm, medicinal preparation made of different kinds of grains, is poured over the body in a gentle stream along with gentle massage. the therapy is very effective in muscular pains and widely used in inflammatory disorders.
- Abhyangam – full body oil massage or abhyangam enhances proper blood circulation boosts energy levels, rejuvenate and relaxes the muscles, improves skin tone, and induces sleep.
- Nadi Swedanam – this sudation technique improves peripheral circulation, helps to controls the blood pressure, relieves body pain, and reducing swelling.
- Vishesha Pinda Swedam – different forms of herbal compress therapies are opted according the physical constitution of the patient and the current health condition. This may include Choorna Pinda Swedana, Dhanyamla Pinda Swedana, Jambeera Pinda Swedana etc. this therapy will help to strengthen the whole body.
Frequently Asked Question
As a result of the infection, there would be many symptoms like weakness, anxiety and generalized body pain etc. Feeling drained and lethargic is quite natural as your body becomes weak after the period of infection. This why, it is important to take utmost care of your body after the getting tested negative. Doing so will ensure that you’re completely healed and healthy again.
Ayurveda is a life science, which aims at preservation of health. Apart from the curative aspect of this science, it majorly focus on maintaining the health by giving advices regarding the daily routines. The treatment aspect of Ayurveda are tailor made to fit all your needs.
Maintaining a health routine is very important in order to recover completely from the post effects of the infection
- Nutritious eating routine. Balanced nutritious diet, preferably easy to digest freshly cooked soft diet.
- Drink adequate amount of warm water.
- Daily practice of exercise routine and meditation, after considering your current health conditions. Get sufficient sleep and rest.
- Include turmeric, black pepper, cumin, garlic, coriander etc in your diet.
- Herbal teas with cinnamon, holy basil, dry ginger etc are helpful in reducing respiratory difficulties.
Regular steam inhalations are also helpful to improve smell and taste sensations
All precautionary measures that we opted during the time of infection has to be maintained even after you are tested negative for Covid.
- Avoid processed food, fast food, snack food, fried food, margarines and spreads.
- Avoid solid foods and beverages that are high in salt and sugar.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and other addictive substances.
- Do not compromise on your sleep.